Help us make aged care information better!
We are working with the Aged Care Quality Agency to provide informaiton about aged care quality, that works for people who are getting care and their families. On this page, you can look at some ideas for information about aged care, and send us your comments on it.
Click on the image above to watch the video
Short video - meet one of the people who checks the quality of aged care services
This video is a 4-minute interview with a "quality surveyor", one of the hundreds of inspectors who visit aged care services every week, checking them out and talking the people who get care. They see if the services are meeting the standards we all expect of aged care.
Watch the video and tell us what you think. We would be interested in questions like:
- At the end, did you feel like you had some idea what Robyn does for a living?
- Was it interesting, and if not, what might make it more interesting?
- Did you watch to the end, or stop part way through?
Click on the image above to read the brochure
A brochure on aged care standards
This is intended as a detailed brochure about aged care quality standards. We think you would probably want this after you had already heard something about the way aged care is regulated, or maybe because you weren't happy with something about your care.
Read the brochure and tell us what you think. We'd be interested in things like:
- Did you feel you were taken through information in a sensible order?
- When you got to the end, did you know more about what you could expect from your aged care?
- What would you do after reading it, if you had a concern about your care?
Click on the image above to read the newsletter
a short article from an aged care newsletter
Lots of aged care services have their own newsletter they give to the people they care for. This is an article for one of those newsletters.
Have a read and tell us what you think. We'd be interested in things like:
- What did you think of what Amanda had to say?
- Has your experience of care been anything like what Amada talked about?
- Would you be willing to talk with Amanda, if she came around and asked?